This feature is used while opening a new client to identify the type of law that applies to the client.
In order to create a new type of law code, follow the steps below:
- Click on Lists > Type of Law Codes
- Click on New.
- Enter the next law code. You can also choose the number.
- Enter the description.
- By default the box which says “Type of Law Code is active” is checked.
- Click on Save and Close.
- Do not edit existing codes if they are assigned to other clients or it will impact the type of law for all assigned clients.
- You can modify the existing codes by selecting that code and clicking on the Pencil on the right side of the screen.
- You cannot delete the law code if it has been used.
- To make the law code inactive, uncheck the box “Type of Law Code is active” on the left side bottom of the screen.