This feature is used to write the cheques in trust account. Trust checks credit the trust bank account and debit the Client Funds in Trust liability account.
- Click on Clients and Matters > New transaction > Write Trust Cheques.
- Select or Enter the trust bank account from which this cheque needs to be issued.
- Select or Enter the correct date from the calendar.
- Select or Enter the payment type.
- Enter the next cheque number. Cheque number can be 10-digit long.
- Enter or Select the Payee Name.
- Enter the total amount in the amount column.
- Select or Enter the client number.
- Trust funds available can also be checked on the top right hand side of the screen after you enter the client number.
- Enter the description of the cheque and then enter the amount.
- Click on Save and then Post and Close.
- In case the cheque needs to be printed immediately, select Open cheque printing after posting and if you are not printing the cheque immediately after posting then uncheck that box.
- Whenever you want to print or reprint the cheque, click on file > Print and then cheques and select the appropriate bank and select the cheque you want to print and click on Print.
- You can also order cheques online by clicking on Order cheques on the top right hand side of the screen.
- You can also use the feature of request and release Trust cheques by clicking on the dropdown menu beside the write trust cheques.
- If the chart of Accounts has the last cheque number used, press enter in the cheque number tab to get the next cheque number