The balance summary calculates totals by working lawyer, not by responsible or originating lawyer. It contains two sections. The first section summarizes the lawyer’s billable time, unbilled (work in progress) hours, fees and disbursements, billed hours, receipts, bill write-offs, unbilled (work in progress) write-offs, and billed fee and disbursement variance. Each category is summarized both for the current month and for the year to date. The second section lists the lawyer’s total time entered by day for the current month, with amounts broken down into billable and non-billable time.
Lawyer reports include information on files that have been closed. Totals are calculated for the year to date and do not include balance forward amounts from the prior year.
- Click on Reports and select Balance Summary.
- In the transactions from and to fields, enter the date range for transactions to include on the report.
- This report calculates totals based on working lawyer. Select the lawyers to include. You can extract the report for a single lawyer, for a range of lawyers, or for all lawyers. A separate report will print for each.
- You can also select group inactive lawyers to group report totals for inactive lawyers on one page.
- Click on view to display the report on your screen. You can also export the report or click on print to send the report to your printer.
- You can select suppress zero balances to exclude lawyer files with zero balances.
- Select memorize to add the report with the current options to the memorized reports. Report can only be added once to a memorized report group.