The Client Summary report is used to view billable and non-billable time on client files by responsible lawyer, by working lawyer, or by the firm. You can print the report for a single area of law or for a range of areas of law, and for a single major client or for a range of major clients. You can also display details of the time transactions on client files. This option lists each transaction and displays the date, description, hours, dollar amount and working lawyer initials for each, and indicates whether the transaction is billable or non-billable.
- Click on Reports and select Client Summary.
- In the transactions from and to fields, enter the date range for transactions to include on the report. Default range is from 01/01/1980 to the current date.
- Choose the report by option responsible lawyer, by working lawyer or for the firm. Default selection is by firm.
- Select the range of client files to include on the report.
- To extract the report by responsible or working lawyer, select the lawyers to include. You can also extract the report for a single lawyer, for a range of lawyers, or for all lawyers. Default selection is for all lawyers.
- Select the range of type of law to include. Default selection is all type of laws.
- If you want to extract the report by major client code, select the range of major client codes to include.
- Choose alpha to sort by client name or numeric to sort by client file number.
- Select summary and details to list the time transactions for each client & matter.
- Select group inactive lawyers to print a single report with client files for all inactive lawyers.
- Select Include non-billable to include non-billable time on the report.
- Select suppress zero balances to exclude client files with zero balances.
- Click on view to display the report on your screen, enabling you to export the report and to drill down for more information or click on print to send the report to your printer.
- Export options include: RPT, PDF, CSV, XLS, XLSX, DOC, RTF or XML
- Last page of report will list the options used to view or print the report.
- Select memorize to add the report with the current options to the memorized reports. Report can only be added once to the memorized reports.