Client bill payment feature is used to show the payments received from the clients for the services rendered
- Click on Clients and Matters and select New Transaction > Enter Bill Payments.
- Select the General Bank Account.
- Select or enter the transaction date.
- Select the payment type. If the payment type is set to add the transaction to the deposit, the Add to Deposit checkbox will be checked.
- Enter the receipt number. If you have automatic receipt numbering enabled in Global Settings press enter to automatically enter a receipt number.
- Select the client/matter number.
- Enter Received From or leave it as is if you want to default to the client name.
- Enter a memo or description for the transaction.
- Enter the total amount of the payment.
- If you want to change the distribution, enter the appropriate amounts in the distribution fields for the payment.
- Click on Save.
- You can continue to repeat the above steps to enter multiple transactions as long as they are in the same month.
- When you are finished entering transaction, click Post and Close.
- Payment types can be configured under Lists > Payment Types.
- When entering an amount, if you enter an amount matches the total of an existing bill it will automatically fill in that distribution line.
- If you want to print a copy of the receipt select Print on Save before saving the transaction.
- You can adjust the fee allocation on a receipt or payment in the Fee Allocation column.